Responsible for designing, developing and delivering solutions in the OTC module areas of the template to meet global and local legal/business requirements. Along with other team members, he/she interacts and engages frequently with business managers, project leaders, functional leads, and discusses specific business needs and requirements. He/she gauges the complexities of business processes and particular functional/business area issues, employing reasoning skills to come up with customized solutions that; satisfy core business requirements, proactively support new business needs and deliver business benefits.
- Responsibility for solutioning, designing, configuring and testing within the OTC area, main focus on SD.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions – and present the identified technical solution in terms understood by the business.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation according to the project implementation methodology for all aspects of development, for example: Business Requirement/Solution design documents, functional specs, configuration documents, unit testing and integration testing scripts.
- Provide Level 4 support - Ability to identify and diagnose problems and resolve/implement solutions.
- Ability to think logically and creatively to deliver robust solutions working in a customized sap environment, with a strong understanding of standard SAP processes.
- Demonstrate a strong business process understanding within a professional services environment
- Must show initiative, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to adapt and quickly learn new areas to be able to deliver integrated solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- Ability to solely work on assignments as well as working in a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing solutions for assigned Business Requirements in the OTC module areas to meet global and local legal/business requirements.
- Interpret business requirements into system solutions to satisfy the business needs and improve the user experience.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation according to project methodology
- Prepare formal ABAP specification documentation as required.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of master data, sales order processing, pricing and billing.
- Liaise with other CoE members to maintain and apply coherent, optimized, integrated, and standardized processes
- Liaise with other CoE team members to communicate change impact, and co-ordinate and optimize cross-module requirements
- Comprehensive testing of developed objects in development and QA environments, including regression testing before any changes are released to the Production environment to minimize bugs.
- Monitor progress of assigned tasks against the project plan
- Ensure for assigned work, milestones and related sign-offs are achieved on a timely basis and in accordance with current project plan
- Persuasive and convincing advocate of the necessity for a centrally-owned template approach in a global implementation
- Any other duties as directed by the Global OMS Manager.
- Be prepared to travel as required.
- Dealing with complex business requirements
- Customized system environment
- Dealing with a large user base across different business models
Measurable Impact on the Organization:
- Timely delivery of the configuration and development
- Developed solution satisfies the Business, meets qualitly requirements and enhances user experience
- IT SOX Compliance
Education and Experience Required:
- In ECC 6.0, the candidate must have an intermediate understanding of the SD module and it’s integration to other ECC modules.
- Experience dealing face to face with users to gather and implement business requirements
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience of configuration and delivering business solutions in SD module
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology or Business related field required or equivalent years of experience in the field
- Completion of a minimum of 3 distinct SAP implementations
- Intermediate technical knowledge coupled with hands-on experience of configuring and delivering business solutions in SD/PS and HR-CATS, with full knowledge of integration points from SD to MM/PS/FI/CO
- Global implementation experience, particularly within a SAP COE will be a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with Resource Related billing in ECC 6.0
- A proven ability to develop positive working relationships in a distributed team, experience collaborating with offshore team members is valued.
- Prior experience of adapting SAP to a professional services environment
- Media/Advertising industry experience
SAP ECC 6.0
SD Module including RRB
Customized Development work – designing logic for user exits, BAPIs, enhancement points etc.
Information Security Responsibilities:
Access to proprietary systems.