We are a team of more than 28,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Work Conditions: Job Description: As part of the SAP Interfaces Team, the SAP PI Senior Developer candidate will be responsible for the development of FRICEW objects, root cause analysis, advice and adoption of best practices, resolving trouble tickets, developing interface enhancements, maintaining development standards, interfacing with BASIS and other teams, and system monitoring and production landscape support.
Weekend and evening work will be required for resolution of critical production system failures and when installing upgrades that require system outages.
Technical Skills Required:
- Solid understanding of PI and interface development tasks utilizing a wide range of protocols and scenarios
- Expert ability in troubleshooting and resolving existing performance and production problems
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities in a professional manner
- Minimum 4 years experience in application development utilizing XI/PI
Web Services, File, RFC, XI, JMS, JDBC, IDOC, SOAP and HTTP technologies.
- Minimum 3 years experience in application development utilizing ABAP/4.
- Extensive PI monitoring, architecture, and development knowledge.
- Experience supporting many B2B interfaces across all SAP functional areas.
- Demonstrated experience with large Enterprise ERP implementations in the areas of technical design specification, development, and knowledge transfer.
- Experience with on-going post implementation support
- including system monitoring and on-call duties.
- Experience configuring the XI/PI Landscape in the System Landscape Directory using SAP Net Weaver Administrator (NWA).
- Experience within Enterprise Services Repository - Mappings XSLT, Java, and graphical mapping.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to IT development teams.
- Experience with Alert Management is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Communication Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Building Collaborative Relationships
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science.
Norfolk Southern Corp - 18 months ago
Transportation titan Norfolk Southern is the one big train that could. Its main subsidiary, Norfolk Southern Railway, transports freight...