This is a contract position (6+ months). Must be a US citizen, and must be able to work on-site in Washington, DC (near metro and White House). The ideal candidate must be a very strong SAS programmer that also has extensive experience with SAS Data Integration Studio. See detailed requirements below.
SAS Data Integration Expert:
- Experience designing, developing, automating and testing source to target mappings using SAS DI Studio (V4.2 or V4.3).
- Must also have Base SAS experience performing ETL. (The position is 50% DI Studio experience and 50% Base SAS.)
- Experience utilizing LSF Scheduler.
- Ability to scope current and historical extracts into a flow to load into a logical SPDS data model. This flow includes all extracts, transformations, standardizations, and loadings.
- Document and explain the loading process including all extractions and transformations.
- Ability to work with data integrity standards.
- Ability to correctly purge data as needed without losing data or data meaning.
- Experience with all aspects of SAS logging as applicable to DI. These include, but are not limited to, standard SAS logging, ARM logging, LOG4SAS.
- Knowledge of corporate DI standards and ability to maintain those standards within DI processes. These standards include coding, logging, testing and metadata generation / organization / naming conventions.
- Some specific data assessment tasks include, but are not limited to:
o Knowledge of sources --> their locations, type and accessibility requirements.
o Working with source and target data sizes; ability to provide estimates for disk size.
o Byte-level file formats descriptions
o Table layout descriptions
o Primary Key identification
o Inter-relationships amongst source data and targets.
o Maintain data integrity issues such as column lengths, null keys, key referential integrity, missing values, improper / inconsistent values, value types.
o Ability to work with various update / refresh schedules such as daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Understanding of performance issues when working with DI Studio.
o Knowledge of SAS processing in a way that gives options for different methods of processing in order to attain performance gains.
o Knowledge of various SAS methods at getting increased performance by putting datasets into memory using things like SASFILE or HASH objects.
Indeed - 16 months ago
We are a small consulting firm based out of the Bethesda/Rockville area that specializes in SAS integration work. Not only do we develop...