MDRC is seeking a technology professional with SAS programming experience and SAS systems administration experience to support our 100+ SAS programmers. The SAS Administrator will monitor and maintain the SAS servers, test and deploy new features and technologies, and troubleshoot user issues. The SAS Administrator will work with the SAS programming community and the Information Technology Department to provide a robust, efficient, and reliable SAS programming environment.
Monitoring and Maintenance
- Monitor SAS servers using SAS Management console, scripts, and run logs to ensure optimal operation.
- Track SAS usage and program runtimes. Make recommendations for improving performance to SAS programmers and IT group.
- Develop SAS programs and PowerShell scripts to automate monitoring and reporting for administrators and programmers.
- Test and apply maintenance releases, upgrades, and hot fixes as needed.
- Test new software versions and products that will be added to our SAS environment.
- Manage the rollout of new software versions and products to the SAS user community. Coordinate with IT and project teams to ensure a smooth transition.
- Leverage advanced SAS features (e.g., stored processes, styles) and develop tools to aid SAS programming teams.
- Answer user questions about SAS programming, software, and infrastructure.
- Contribute content to the SAS knowledge base on our corporate intranet by writing tips targeted to the MDRC SAS programming community.
- Solicit feedback from SAS users. Recommend and implement solutions to common problems.
Mentoring and some on-the-job training will be provided.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience installing and configuring SAS software on Windows desktops and servers required.
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS BI Platform required.
- Minimum of 2 years of SAS programming experience required; additional experience is a plus.
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 required.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience providing user support is a plus.
- Familiarity with PowerShell is a plus.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently on concurrent projects and be resourceful, self-managing, and able to multitask.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive fringe benefits are offered.
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, MDRC strongly encourages minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Legal work authorization required.
MDRC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard