Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
- Will provide direct supervision of 15 or more employees.
- Maintain and improve safety initiatives to ensure safe work practices are implemented and to strive toward a zero incident rate.
- Possess the ability to plan, assign, and direct work.
- Accountable for the training and evaluation of employee performance, while recognizing both positive and negative individual/team contribution.
- Foster teamwork to enhance the MBM Guiding Principles.
- Have a willingness to work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model for all levels of Environmental, Health & Safety excellence
- Ensuring the department operates effectively and efficiently
- Fully utilizing Work Process to identify, track work completion and promote preventive & predictive maintenance
- Set expectations around Operator Basic Care and manage to those expectations
- Facilitating team development and growth, and reviewing/managing performance
- Building employee commitment and ownership
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Four (4) or more years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment.
- Available to work second shift
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift schedule, including variable start times, overtime, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Must have intermediate or higher level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications.
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices.
KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS - ABILITIES:
- Associates degree or higher in Operations or Engineering
- Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Certification
- CMMS experience, i.e. MP2 / SAP
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Georgia-Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Georgia-Pacific Treated Lumber LLC
- 2 years ago - save job