The SC Administration Specialist I is responsible for general clerical duties that assist in the operational function of the service centers. In this role, the SC Administration Specialist I performs a variety of functions that may include a specialization or combination of activities in areas such as scanning, driver check-in, working in the Gate Office, cashier, or receptionist. The SC Administration Specialist I may perform some of the duties assigned to SC Administration Specialist II or III; however, the duties below comprise the majority (the highest percentage when compared to other duties) of daily work.
- Uses a scanning machine to ensure bills are properly loaded into the company's computer system for processing.
- Performs pick-up of bills in routing office and delivers to various locations on the dock.
- Returns manifest to Linehaul after supervisor closes out a load.
- Delivers bills from the gate to the gate office.
- Computes totals of document items.
- Compares figures and totals on documents with statement of accounts submitted by accounting department to verify accuracy of documents.
- Assists in scanning, filing, and sending loads to the dock.
- Locks the gate after 8:30 PM
- May provide assistance to the Linehaul Dispatch area when associates are on vacation or are out sick.
- Receives drivers at gate and obtains information on driver's name and freight that is on the trailers.
- Looks to see if anything is nose-loaded for a particular destination.
- Assigns drivers a number and assigns appropriate place to unhook trailer.
- Prioritizes loads to ensure quick handling and provides this information to the Supervisor.
- Checks off loads as they are sent down the dock to ensure every trailer has been counted.
- Checks expedite shipments at the end of each night and matches supervisor's expedite forms to their forms to ensure efficient handling of all expedited shipments.
- Checks credentials or approved roster before permitting anyone entrance to the service center.
- Directs visitors and truckers to various parts of the building or premises.
- Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or products.
- Records number of trucks or other carriers entering and leaving.
- Verifies number of pro labels issued to, used, or returned by all local drivers.
- Verifies number of bills issued to drivers and accounts for each bill at time of check-in.
- Balances daily cash report and accounts for all bills.
- Makes and prepares all bank deposits and checks and verifies all night deposits.
- Provides daily phone coverage for the service center by operating a switchboard console.
- Provides applicants with applications and collects them upon completion.
- Welcomes visitors to the service center.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) OR one to three months related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of computer systems preferred.
- Ability to operate a 10-key adding machine preferred.
- Knowledge of trucking industry freight bills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
Southeastern Freight Lines - 13 months ago
Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Southeastern Freight Lines hauls freight throughout the southern US with a fleet of about 2,000 tractors...