SC ADMIN SPEC II - PT
The SC Administration Specialist II is responsible for intermediate level clerical duties that assist in the operational function of the service centers. In this role, the SC Administration Specialist II performs a variety of functions that may include a specialization or combination of activities in areas such as customer service, appointments, dispatch support, payroll, Human Resources, or general secretarial. The SC Administration Specialist II may also perform some of the duties assigned to SC Administration Specialists I or III; however, the duties below comprise the majority (the highest percentage when compared to other duties) of daily work.
Customer Service/Inbound Outbound Support
- Responds to calls or contacts customers regarding the status of shipments, billing questions, CODs, driver collects, tracing, problems or rating information. Researches and answers questions or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Researches and answers requests for information from internal customers or other service centers.
- Calls and schedules delivery appointments. Enters appointment data into the computer.
- Passes dispatch information to dispatcher or drivers. Assists drivers with pick-up or delivery problems.
- Calculates hours worked and Linehaul miles. Compiles driver hours of service and completes driver log summaries.
- Assists with generating manifests and closing loads.
- Enters closed, dispatched, and arrived loads into the computer.
Clerical Sales Support · Provides clerical support to the service center Account Managers, Account Executives, or Senior Account Executives. · Makes follow-up calls to customers as requested. Maintains the sales appointment schedule. · Maintains a list of sales leads.
Human Resources/Payroll · Keys pay data into the payroll system. · Enters efficiency numbers into the computer. · Assists the Service Center Manager with recruiting efforts by coordinating advertisements, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, etc. · Ensures completion of all pre-employment checks, drug testing, and reference checks. · Completes and routes associate paperwork to the SupportCenter. · Coordinates new hire orientation. · Assists with Service Center training efforts by scheduling classes or ordering supplies. · Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months to one year previous office experience required.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with interruption.
- Must have computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous Human Resources or Payroll experience preferred, but not required.
Southeastern Freight Lines - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Southeastern Freight Lines hauls freight throughout the southern US with a fleet of about 2,000 tractors...