SCA Electronics Technician Maintenance 2 - GMT Rover - Fort Harrison, MT
Remote Work Authorized
Mar 21, 2013, 9:59:50 AM
SCA Electronics Technician Maintenance II – Gunnery, Maintenance and Drivers Trainers (GMDT)
Fort Harrison, MT
- Uses reference documentation and interprets charts, tables, diagrams and schematics to effectively maintain, test, troubleshoot, fault isolate and repair electronic, electrical and mechanical subassemblies including but not limited to computers, monitors, printers, power supplies, amplifiers, printed circuit boards, motors, cables and various network subassemblies to maintain and repair Gunnery, Maintenance, Drivers, Trainers and digital classrooms consisting of networked Instructor and Student work stations.
- Uses and maintains multimeters, trackers/analyzers such as Huntron, oscilloscopes, signal generators, IC programmers and various hand tools in the course of testing, troubleshoot-ing and repairing subassemblies and printed circuit boards.
- Conducts soldering / de-soldering operations for multi-layer, through hole and surface mount applications.
- Applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
- Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
- This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- Associate's Degree in Electronic Technology (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university or related military training or three years minimum work experience in a related discipline.
- Three years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems / network or training device maintenance.
- Two years experience with Microsoft office software operation and use.
- Requires strong knowledge of PC/LAN communications hardware and software in multi protocol applications using operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Familiarization and comprehension of Computerized Maintenance Management Software programs such as Maximo used to document maintenance and logistics functions.
- Corresponds with customers and vendors in the daily course of duties.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance if required.
- Work area is located at multiple sites within the Montana area; however could require travel to Utah/Idaho to support fellow employees.
- Extensive travel is required generally Monday through Thursday.
- Applicant must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Candidates should be able to lift components weighing 40 pounds.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate, within multiple training domains and/or work site locations.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...