Make a Difference
LVC-IA Computer Operator V
Ft. Drum, N.Y.
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe. We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Provides required technical support and operation of the U.S. Army’s Live, Virtual, Constructive Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA) program.
Reviews, analyzes, and operates the fielded LVC-IA software and hardware system of systems. Develops databases, conducts integration and testing, debugging, and installing to support assigned computer systems and networks including simulation systems, stimulation systems, tactical systems and supporting and enabling network systems.
Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify testing, training, and exercise objectives.
Must have working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts.
Responsible for supporting or conducting military simulation training, testing, and verification, validation, and accreditation. Provides technical and operational support and assistance during the conduct of combined exercise rehearsals, exercises, training, and testing events. May provide user and operator instruction for assigned simulation and computer systems.
Supports Observers/Controllers/Trainers while providing support to exercised units in the proper operation of the simulation model.
Conducts testing, exercise, rehearsal and training on LVC-IA computer systems and networks including simulation systems, stimulation systems, tactical systems and supporting and enabling network systems.
Participates in integration meetings concerning design and development of training events and exercises. Possesses the ability to coach, teach, and mentor soldiers assigned to work as Observer/Controller/Trainers. Performs duties of a simulation coach at simulation workstations as necessary.
Maintains education and currency on the operation of Army and Joint Mission Command Systems and training simulations.
1. Operate LVC-IA hardware, software or system functional specifications required to execute LVC-IA exercises.
2. Integrate, operate, tests or modifies LVC-IA and other live, virtual, and constructive simulation computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications in order to prepare appropriate LVC-IA environments.
3. Creates or modifies the LVC-IA databases, networks, and other simulation computer programs that are related to machine operating systems in order to ensure that each digital environment supports the training requirement of the designated users.
4. Provides LVC-IA contractor support at assigned installation.
6. Responsible for performing the following tasks and associated deliverables:
1) Operation of the LVC-IA Exercise Control EXCON capability.
2) Operation of the LVC-IA Enterprise After Action Review EAAR capability.
3) Operation of the classified LVC-IA backbone.
4) of the unclassified LVC-IA backbone.
5) Operation of the LVC-IA Common Training Instrumentation Architecture (CTIA)/High Level Architecture (HLA) gateway.
6) Operation of the LVC-IA Virtual Distributed Interactive Simulation (VDIS) / HLA gateway.
7) Operation of the LVC-IA Command, Control, Communication, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)/Simulation (SIM) gateway.
8) Operation of the LVC-IA HLA/HLA gateway.
9) Operation of the LVC-IA Cross Domain Solution (CDS).
10) Operation of the LVC-IA Distributed Interactive Simulation DIS Signal Collector.
11) Operation of the LVC-IA EAAR Analyst Workstation.
12) Operation of the LVC-IA SIM Data Collector system.
13) Operation of the LVC-IA Internet Web Portal.
14) Operation of the LVC-IA Scenario Developer system.
15) Provide support for the overall Live Virtual Constructive – Integrated Training Environment (LVC-ITE) exercise preparation.
16) Provide support for the overall LVC-ITE exercise execution to include providing support for up to 12 hours per person during 24 hour exercise operation.
17) Provide support to other exercises, training events, and planning as required by TCM ITE.
18) Serve as a systems administrator or network administrator as required by TCM ITE.
19) Develop and provide Inventory of Take Home Package Provided to Training Unit for each supported exercise as required by TCM ITE.
Associates Degree, from accredited college or university in Computer Sciences, Simulations, Gaming, Systems Management, Systems Analysis, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering or related fields.
Five (5) to ten (10) years work experience with military Communications, Signal, or Simulations.
Shall have worked in the technical side of the computer and simulations world e.g. installed, operated, configured different operating systems. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
One of the following certifications is desirable:
- Information Assurance Technology Level 1 (IAT1) Baseline and Computing environment certification.
- Information Assurance Technology Level 2 (IAT2) Baseline and Computing Environment certifications.
- Information Assurance Management Level 1 (IAM1) Baseline Certifications.
- An understanding of Army and Joint Mission Command systems and subsystems architectures.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule IAW unit training requirements.
- Requires SECRET Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion in 2012, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,000 projects in 50 states and 25 countries. These dedicated workers speak 82 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,600 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...