Shrader Engineering is seeking motivated and talented SCADA / HMI Program Technicians for a challenging career in controls programming for water and wastewater facility projects. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with SCADA, PL C, and HMI applications. Direct experience in PLC and HMI programming for water/wastewater is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyze system requirements for programming PLC equipment based on SCADA system design performed by the firm’s engineering department.
- Develop and write detailed control programs for PLC and HMI applications for water/wastewater facilities. Adhere to programing standards set by in-house SCADA department and/or client’s request.
- Upload pre-developed programs and applications to devices installed at facility. Perform initial setup and configuration for all communication and control devices installed per contract document.
- Set-up and run simulation tests to debug programs. Create and update documentation for programming and testing of control equipment and programs.
- Develop documentation upon project completion. Provide user training for automated systems.
- Assist electrical contractor in I/O point checks of PLC and SCADA equipment wiring. Troubleshoot wired and wireless communication networks. Shop testing and commissioning of control panels assembled by contractor.
- Program, test, and troubleshoot Motor Protection Units installed by electrical contractor (e.g. GE Multilin). Setup communications between protection unit and PLC for additional control functionality.
- Set-up, configure, and troubleshoot SCADA systems installed by contractor – includes commissioning of workstations and servers, installation of software, network configuration, setup communications between PLCs, Drives, power monitors, radios, etc.
- Troubleshoot and modify existing programs developed by others per the client’s request.
- 50% regional travel (Harris County) may be required to support installation and start-up activities.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with SCADA, PLC, and HMI applications.
- Candidate must be able to read and understand electrical control schematics, and possess a good understanding of control and process logic, motor and pump control systems and instrumentation for water/wastewater facilities.
- Experience in IEC 1131 (international standard for programmable controller programming), Siemens Step7, Wonderware, Control Microsystems SCADAPack, Indusoft, and Allen Bradley RSLogix applications required.
- Must have experience in writing control and ladder logic programming, and uploading programs to PLC’s and RTU’s.
Shrader Engineering offers competitive salary and benefits package, and modern office facilities. The firm has an excellent 401k retirement plan, performance bonus plan, healthcare plan, wellness program (Lifetime Athletic Facility membership), continued education and other generous benefits. The firm takes great pride in an outstanding working environment with opportunity for growth.
Shrader Engineering - 14 months ago