Come Join our Winning Team! Named one of the BEST Virginia Business Places to Work in 2011.
IMG - a rapidly growing business with a 25-year history providing information technology (IT) and information assurance (IA) services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is seeking a full-time SCCM Systems Engineer at its Arlington, VA location.
This position has a 6 month duration.
The purpose of the SCCM Systems Engineer is to provide technical leadership in the deployment and management of Microsoft SCCM.
- Knowledge of pushing software packages via SCCM that can help with software pushes and help with standardizing processes and procedures.
- Experience working with SCCM to properly manage workstations. Includes but not limited to initial clean up of the clients systems, setting up a process to clean up system space on disk, fix problem on workstation, that will allow installation of SCCM client, fix problem and issues at workstation, ability and knowledge of patching and software pushes using SCCM, resolving failures in processes of software pushes to workstation.
- Develop standards and documentation for the products supported by the team.
- Develop policies and configurations for supported infrastructure components.
- Planning for supported infrastructure components, including capacity, availability and performance related processes.
- Research new technologies to improve existing environments and be proactive in problem mitigation.
- Respond to service requests and coordinate with other infrastructure team members to ensure timely compliance with service level agreements, within established change and problem management guidelines and processes.
- Analyze current and future server technologies in accordance with company strategic direction settings.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as part of a rotation.
- Monitor and track trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service.
- Perform frequent server health checks and implement patches to ensure current revision level.
- Monitor system resource usage and ensure adequate resources are available to meet the IT requirements through resource scheduling and new resource acquisition.
- Respond to system failures and work with vendors to resolve issues related to hardware and software.
- Participate in design and implementation of projects, systems, and procedures to meet department goals.
- Work with Information Assurance teams to ensure security policies are met.
- Applicant should have at least 7-10 years in administering/supporting SCCM/SMS in a medium to large enterprise
- SCCM deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Creating complex query-based user and computer collections
- Creating advertisements
- Trouble shooting client connectivity and package installation issues
- Deploying and configuring new sites servers and roles
- Troubleshooting client connectivity and package installation issues
- Building reports and dashboards with queries built directly from the database
- Packaging applications for automated delivery
- Automated patching in a diverse geographical and functional environment to include manufacturing, research and administrative locations
- Providing 3rd level support
- Administering Group Policy
- Providing support in a multi - forest/multi-domain Active Directory environment
- Operating System image creation and automated delivery of image
Clearance Required: TS/SCI (Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information) required prior to consideration.
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects/responsibilities.
- Ability to mentor technical staff
- Ability to cross train in all areas of expertise
- Ability to communicate with peers, management and customers in general.
- Continued training and study in Technology and Business Leadership.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Platforms
- Strong understanding of networking technology and underlying infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of information security concepts.
- Strong understanding of server hardware and peripherals, including mirrored drives and RAID arrays.
- In depth knowledge of current industry server management tools a must.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory server architecture, Exchange environments and services.
- Experience implementing, administrating and troubleshooting common TCP/IP-based services including: DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SMB, etc.
- Experience implementing, administrating and architecting virtual server environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce coherent and organized documentation.
- Must have efficient time management skills with proven ability to effectively multi task.
- Working knowledge of SMS, MOM, Citrix and messaging components.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Provide on-call and off hours support for implementation and emergency response
Certifications Required: DOD 8570.01M Compliance Required Prior to Consideration.
IAT - II (CompTIA Security+) and MCITP or MCSE required.
Education and Years of Experience Required: B.S. in Information Systems or equivalent work experience (3+ years) directly related to SMS administration and user support
IMG COMPANY BENEFITS:
For faster application review, please apply online at our website: www.imgva.com .
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid holidays
Information Management Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For fifteen years, The Information Management Group has been providing IT services to organizations around Chicago and throughout the...