This is an academic year position.
Tufts Dining Services manages the food service program of the University delivering the highest quality products and services in a fiscally responsible manner. The department provides contract board plan services to the student population as well as retail and catering services for faculty, staff and guests of the University.
The Second Cook will work independently and as part of a team to prepare, cook and finish a variety of menu items for service following established preparation guidelines and department recipes in quantities forecasted and planned in advance by management using various cooking methods and a variety of food preparation equipment. Will garnish and present finished menu items appropriately. Completes all assigned work to meet meal service deadlines following department and industry standards for quality, sanitation and batch cookery. Will be flexible and use sound judgement to reduce or increase food quantities prepared based on customer demand. May prepare and present foods in customer service areas, serving and interacting with customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. The Second Cook will work as a team with other culinary employees to execute planned meal service, follow the directions of senior cooks and provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced cooks. The Second Cook will be responsible for the cleaning, sanitation and general up keep of food preparation equipment and work stations, works in accordance with food safety guidelines and completes service records accurately as assigned.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience and proven competence using a variety of food preparation equipment and applying various cooking methods.
- Able to read, follow, understand and execute recipes and follow written and verbal directions precisely. Experience working independently in a logical, efficient and productive manner. Must have a pleasant demeanor, enjoy working with people, be a team player and be committed to customer service. Must speak, read and understand the English language. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years of cooking experience, preferably in a quanitity foods environment, with a proven broad range of well-developed culinary skills. Associates Degree in the Culinary Arts is ideal. High school diploma/GED is preferred. Tufts Dining is a hospitality-oriented service provider, all employees are expected to be customer service sensitive.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Rotating schedule subject to change based on department needs. Evenings and weekends.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard