We are seeking an experienced .NET developer / architect in Independence, Ohio, working within our application development group. Primary role will be the design, development and implementation of high quality web based commercial software. Senior level experience with .NET concepts and relational databases are essential. This position requires strong communication and leadership skills. Successful candidate will be required to communicate effectively with end users, customer IT staff and manage internal development and conversion staff. The ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously will be an asset.
• Responsible for the overall architecture and vision for a commercial application
• Leads a team supporting the maintenance, development and design of commercial applications
• Responsible for implementing strategic enhancements to the application and interfaces with client systems.
• Mentors junior developers
• Ability to effectively gather requirements from business users and translate them into software enhancements and product development.
• Partners with the Business Owners and participates in all phases of project implementation.
• Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and programming standards.
• Writes Test cases and uses formalized testing processes
Required technical competencies:
o .NET 4.0 Framework (C#, ADO.NET, ASP.NET)
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o Microsoft Team Foundation Server
o Agile and Scrum software development methodology
o SQL Server 2000, 2005
o WCF / Web Services development
o IIS 6.0 / 7.0
o SOA architecture
o Fluency in interpreting systems architecture and use cases
o Unit Testing with nUnit or similar test scripting tools
o HTML, XML, AJAX
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, MIS, Business, or related field preferred.
• Minimum 7 years application development experience using Microsoft .NET Technologies with increasing responsibility and team leadership
• Strong communication and problem solving ability.
• High degree of accountability and responsibility for your work.
• Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively
• General PC office skills with: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS project, Outlook.
• Demonstrate strong customer service focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence.
Background test and drug screen required. Candidates must be U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien with legal right to work in the U.S.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras is an equal opportunity employer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, MIS, Business, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum 7 years application development experience using Microsoft .NET Technologies with increasing responsibility and team leadership
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 19 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...