Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum Specialty Products business. This role will add value by providing actionable manufacturing analysis and reporting, process improvement, accounting excellence and strong internal financial control processes for the businesses. The successful candidate must be self-directed, inquisitive, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines. Experience within the manufacturing sector is preferred and up to 25% travel is required. A Bachelor degree in Accounting is a minimum requirement, CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
- Certain accounting and internal financial control ownership of small Specialty manufacturing plants located throughout North America
- Internal financial control environment oversight
- Balance sheet and income statement review and ownership
- Oversight of month-end close process
- Divisional and corporate reporting
- Create value through process improvements
- Economic decision-making
- Manufacturing cost variance analysis
- KPI tracking
- Planning and forecasting ownership
- Ad hoc analysis
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 2-3 years+ of accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Up to 25% travel to manufacturing facilities is required.
- Experience in a Corporate or Manufacturing accounting environment is preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more!
- Proven capabilities of strong economic thinking, accounting and analysis needed.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and planning and organizational skills are needed.
- Strong foundational knowledge of US GAAP is desired.
- Proficiency with MS Office and computer systems management are desired (MS Word – document creation, formatting and editing etc. and Excel – spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Georgia-Pacific Building Products LLC
Powered by Taleo
Georgia-Pacific - 18 months ago