The HR Service Center is the focal point for all employee data and transactions. The staff manages the payroll process and associated PeopleSoft HR system processes, oversees benefit program deductions and payments, works with the Finance Office on reconciliation of all Payroll and Benefit Accounts to General Ledger, implements and supports PeopleSoft HR online processes and maintains employee records in a document management system. The department maintains security for PS Time Entry, ePAF, and Time off Tracking. To ensure the continued accuracy of data, a number of ongoing audits are performed in the HR Service Center.
The Senior Accounting/Compliance Supervisor position is responsible for the supervision of the Payroll Tax and Payroll/Benefits Accountants, including delegation, coaching and mentoring, as well as, ensuring adherence to federal, state, and university regulations, laws, policies and procedures. Plans, manages, and performs financial, operational, and compliance audits. Evaluates payroll business processes, procedures, and policies, and recommend improvements. Determines whether the HR Service Center is performing their planning, accounting, custodial, and control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both organizational objectives and high ethical standards. Reports observations and make recommendations improving risk mitigation processes, procedures and controls and for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations to Manager. Understands and identifies alternative controls. Performs other special audit projects and/or investigative work as required. The successful candidate selected for the position must pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) or other appropriate background check
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience with supervising staff, finance/accounting, and working with computerized payroll and financial systems.
- Subject matter expert of Payroll/Financial systems. Proficient using 3rd party reporting tools and expertise writing queries. Experience should include configuration and in depth knowledge of processes.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience using Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- Proficient at Internet navigation and research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Strong supervisory and staff management skills.
- Strong analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills, including process analysis and control assessment.
- Experience in assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of operational, compliance and financial processes.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities.
- Ability to articulate complex subject matter effectively and anticipate problems and respond accordingly.
- Sound compliance skills, with an extending understanding of generally accepted accounting principles/practices.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll/Financials.
- Experience with Windstar Tax Navigator.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- The HR Service Center works with weekly and semi-monthly payroll deadlines. In addition the HRSC conducts a number of audits throughout the year with both the Finance and Benefit Offices. Evenings and weekends may be required periodically to meet these and other project deadlines.
- 3 years ago - save job
Tufts University School of Medicine and the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences at Tufts University are international leaders in...