Solves technical/business problems and guides others in the delivery of business solutions.
Consults with cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement software applications.
Defines application architecture and drives solid decisions.
Procures systems integration or custom-developed, application subsystems.
Applies creative force and facilitates design of software components, systems interfaces and user interfaces to meet business objectives.
Maintains currency in software development patterns and methodologies to support an agile environment.
Promotes application architecture view within larger architecture context.
Follows relevant developments within industry and recommends and establishes best practice.
Completes project life cycle to resolve data or engineering issues.
Manages all projects from cradle to grave - design, implementation to turnover.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 or more years as a Senior Systems Design or Application Development with a demonstrated track record of development of more and more complex solutions.
- Must have a strong matrixed management responsibility to mentor junior business, enterprise and application architects to ensure their skills are being uplifted to provide greater business value to the IT team.
- Written and oral communication skills including interaction with business partners, vendors, and technical staff.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of MQSeries and Messaging.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Knowledge of process mapping.
- Knowledge of IBM Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Stack.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and communication protocols.
- Knowledge of Architecture concepts and frameworks.
- Knowledge of systems integration.
- Knowledge of security design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 2 years ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...