Are you looking for a company whose passion for creating cutting edge user friendly, software solutions matches your own? Do you think the cloud is the future? At Ultimate Software, that’s exactly what we’re passionate about. It’s this passion and this innovation that allow Ultimate Software to attract the industry’s most elite software engineering professionals. We develop world class software in an environment unlike any other. Would you want to be a part of that? Then Ultimate Software would like to talk to you!
Ultimate is ranked #9 in FORTUNE's 100 'Best Places to Work For in 2013'! Ultimate is the top ranked cloud provider as well as the only HCM provider on the list. This is the second year in a row we have been listed. We were ranked #25 in 2012. This helps explain why Ultimate Software is able to attract the country’s top talent—we pride ourselves on treating our entire team so well, they never want to leave. Ultimate Software is based in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale and was ranked in the top 100 places in America for families to live.
This position within the Software Development organization requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills. The qualified candidate must possess extensive experience in working with C# 4.0 using IDE Microsoft Visual Studio.
Work will be done in a team environment with constant communication among team members leveraging Agile Development methodologies. The qualified candidate will possess broad software development experience, including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, C# 4.0, Visual Studio 2010, Windows Communication Foundation, RESTful service implementation, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Testing, Transact-SQL, and SQL Server 2008. The ability to communicate effectively with Product Analysts and Quality Assurance, as well as work closely and well with other team members are key components for success in this position.
- Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest .NET technologies
- Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using the .NET framework
- Use Microsoft’s tools and technologies to extend and improve the functionality of our product
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Leverage open source and other technologies and languages outside of the .NET framework should the need arise, and autonomously be able to make use of those decisions
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures, and sometimes pair programming
- Actively participate in daily code reviews with talented software engineers and architects
- 5 or more years’ experience as a key developer on enterprise size projects
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
- Multi-tier application design and development
- Multi-threaded design and development
- Familiarity with REST and Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong Transact SQL programming experience, including stored procedures, triggers, and database design
- ASP.NET, C# 4.0, using Visual Studio 2010
- Proficient in ORM technologies (nHibernate, EntityFramework, etc.)
- Any Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban, Scrum, Test-Driven Development, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Experience using automated testing tools like xUnit, Gallio, RhinoMocks, Selenium and/or other test automation tools.
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate testing is a plus
- An academic degree in Computer Science or related is a plus
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- High degree of organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
• Limited travel upon request
Ultimate Software - 14 months ago
The Ultimate Software Group isn't timid about the benefits of its workforce management products. Businesses use its cloud-based UltiPro...