VACANCY INFORMATION: The City of Long Beach has one opening in the Harbor Department for a 30-ton conventional mobile crane operator (clamshell attachment).
Openings also occur from time to time in the following Senior Equipment Operator positions and testing will be scheduled as needed for:
- Motor Grader
- Trencher (track-type)
- Bulldozer (D-6 or larger).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Under supervision, operates and maintains a conventional mobile crane or other equipment of similar complexity in accordance with safety regulations; services equipment; performs preventative maintenance; makes operating adjustments and minor repairs; keeps records and makes reports; performs incidental construction work; may participate in, or assist in supervising the work of a crew; may operate less complex equipment when necessary; and performs other related duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE:
*Proof of required documents must be uploaded to the online application or included with a paper application at time of filing.
- A valid National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) - Lattice Boom Truck Crane (LBT) certification (proof required)* OR A valid Operating Engineers Certification Program (Local 12) - Lattice Boom Truck Crane (LBT) certification (proof required)*
- Recent experience (within the last five years) which required skill in the safe and efficient operation of a conventional mobile crane, including use of a clam shell attachment;
- A valid Class A motor vehicle operator's license and a current DMV driving record must be submitted to the hiring department at the time of selection interview;
- Compliance with the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Program as required by the Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Mobile Hydraulic Fixed Cab Crane (TSS) certificate.
This examination will be conducted using the continuous, non-competitive procedure. All applicants meeting the requirements to file will be placed on the eligilble list with those receiving Veteran's Credit first, and then in the order in which applications were filed. Eligible lists will be established periodically.
If you have not received notification by
January 31, 2014, contact the Civil Service Department at (562) 570-6202.
This information is available in an alternative format by request at (562) 570-6202.
If a special accommodation is desired, please contact the Civil Service Department two (2) business days prior to the test at (562) 570-6202.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
J75NN-14 SR. EQUIP OP (CRANE) DMD 10/09/13, 10/11/13