$165,000 - $220,000
United States, CA - San Francisco or San Mateo
Relocation Offered for USA Residents ONLY. H1b transfers are welcome. Green Card Assistance available.
Interested in working for what is considered to be the #1 most innovative company in Enterprise and Consumer Software? How about working for one of the top three (3) fastest growing companies in the world? We're one of the worlds largest and most successful 'cloud computing' technology (infrastructure and applications) companies and pioneered the multi-tenancy architecture long before Google, Microsoft or Amazon. We have one of the largest and most scalable cloud deployments in the industry (billions of daily transactions with 18ms of latency).
We're perceived as being a series of smaller start-up companies under a larger umbrella, each having their own autonomy to innovate and deliver exciting new products and distributed services. We aren't afraid to pioneer and take chances in the industry as we believe innovation is important and is best for our customers and their need(s).
Don't be concerned about getting bored.. That's really no problem because we encourage our Engineers to move around from group to group. In fact, we have a policy that is meant to facilitate internal transfers to different groups without issue, interested in moving to Infrastructure, Core or Applications, no problem after each major release. We also informally review your performance every (3) three-months, which gives you a tremendous opportunity to move up the ranks whereas most companies only review every (12) months.
Consider having a conversation with us. We'd be pleased to answer your questions about technical challenges, titles and responsibility, and compensation. Having this name on your resume will definitely open doors for you further down the road in your career.
Records that our company set in 2012:
- Hit record of 14.6B customer-facing transactions/month
- Hit record of 206B underlying database transactions
- Average response time of 225ms
- 68% year-over-year growth in Object Count (32B)
- 250 Patents filed (25% increase over highest number of patent filings per year)
- 3 major releases & 526 total releases in FY12
Successful candidates will be developing highly useful and massively distributed software solutions deployed throughout the cloud. Candidate will be focused upon driving mockups, wireframes and page flows and turning mockups and wireframes into functioning, production-ready code will be your primary responsibility.
- Know the challenges that each browser/OS presents and appropriate solutions/workarounds
- Have a complete understanding of the DOM and CSS box model and remember what life was like before Firebug (but shudder to think of it)
- Know your way around Photoshop and/or illustrator
- Be organized and know how to manage your time
- Have a background in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or comparable degree/experience. However, were more impressed by passion rather than GPAs, degrees or years of experience.
- Experience building highly scalable web applications
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques and test driven development.
- Some level of understanding of Java
- Understanding of object oriented programming
- BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable