Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope : Perform functions under supervision that are required to meet aesthetic, quality, cost and delivery goals.
· Develop seasonal development calendar. Drive self and partner departments to maintain schedule in order to develop quality product on time that meets design and business objectives. Involve management when delays jeopardize timely milestone achievements.
· Work with merchandising on obtaining seasonal scorecard. Awareness of sku productivity, material, color and construction type based on past production trends is required. Identify where irrelevant development is being requested that could jeopardize supplier relationships.
· Attend hand – offs and assist with factory allocation and begin product development process.
· Work with design to understand and execute product specifications. Manage creation of complete proto and market sample specs, including standard accumulation.
· Facilitate cost engineering to meet cost goals, including maximizing construction opportunities while minimizing liabilities. Identify where costing objectives are out of sync with manufacturing or supplier trends.
· Manage material orders for sampling. Track as necessary. Report status to team as required.
· Create costing worksheet and establish target prices with manager. Communicate target prices to factories and solicit prices. Organize and drive costing meeting market kickoff with Senior Management. Facilitate costing negotiations through strategic and product specific solutions. Drive approvals with factory and manager.
· Communicate product definition to merchandising team to support accurate linesheet/ GFE upload.
· Coordinate and dispatch any labeling materials needed for market samples.
· Travel to suppliers, factories, offices as needed
· Develop seasonal pre-production milestone calendar. Drive self and partner departments to maintain schedule in order to produce quality product on time that meets design and business objectives. Involve management when delays jeopardize timely milestone achievements.
· Work with design to comment on market samples to be Product Ready and communicate to vendors in a timely manner.
· Analyze projections to identify allocations, prioritize approvals, and understand delivery priorities.
· Schedule customs compliance team product review. Prepare and pass off spec details that support accurate HTS classification.
· As requested by compliance to verify HTS codes, prepare PO’s, send product to lab for analysis and communicate lab results to compliance team and production ops team.
· Lead weekly WIP meetings and drive items toward timely approval. Manage and maintain confirmation sample portion of WIP tracking charts. Review and evaluate confirmation samples in a timely manner, follow through to insure execution of corrections by agents/factories Identify gaps that could lead to delays and involve manager and production operations counterparts as soon as possible to work toward solutions.
· Manage customer confirmation sample review and pass off. Communicate comments to factories.
· Provide required documentation to QA as foundation for audits in relation to confirmation samples.
· Provide required documentation to QA as foundation for audits in relation to fitting.
· Coordinate and dispatch any labeling material to suppliers (sketch/UPC)
Job Requirements :
- College degree.
- 5+ years experience in Footwear in similar or preparatory role.
- Proficient in shoe construction and components. Knowledge of Footwear market and competition.
- Component development expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.
Ralph Lauren Digital - 18 months ago
Ralph Lauren Corporation is galloping at a faster clip than when its namesake founder first entered the arena some 45 years ago. With golden...