Job Title: Machine Setup & Operate
Business: Altra Industrial Motion – New Hartford
Location: New Hartford, Connecticut
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Work effectively and safely as part of a manufacturing team in order to maintain high quality and just in time production flow. Responsible for: Set up of all equipment, inventory control, set-up and adjustment of production gauging, inspection of parts, as needed for product quality (this does not include inspection that may be considered "patrol" inspection), use of process control methods, and perform routine visual assessment of preventive maintenance requirements on tools and equipment. Read and interpret all process documents and advise supervisor or engineering of clarifications and/or corrections that need to be made, follow detailed procedures and maintain cell records (ie. SPC etc.). Assists in training team members in all operations and communicates production issues to supervisor and/or other team members.
Move and store material in the work area in an orderly fashion. Use hand-operated material handling equipment as needed. Use computer systems to perform production transactions and obtain documentation needed for the completion of assigned operations of the manufacturing cell. Interface with marketing, shipping, and others as needed to deliver product meeting customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives drawings, process prints, set-up sheets, and other written or verbal instructions.
2. Sets up machines or equipment in diversified operations such as machining, riveting, assembling,
magnetizing, as necessary to produce a completed product.
3. Move or direct the movement of materials in the cell, as needed to produce a constant product flow.
4. Requires the ability to interpret a variety of process prints and competently use the measuring devices
provided as production gauging.
5. Requires thorough knowledge of machine controls and operation. Need not be able to program, but
knowledge of offset functions is necessary. Must also be able to perform necessary adjustments to
assembly operations that will produce a quality product.
6. Requires ability to work on Special Product Orders (SPO's) that use existing components or processes,
according to assigned paperwork.
7. Interface with supervisor or Quality Control to determine required action on customer returned
material that requires rework.
8. May transmit supervision orders to workers.
9. Will perform production operations when not involved in other responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
2 Axis Machinist
4 Axis Machinist
Material Handling (Operates Power Truck for the purpose of set-up)
Setup experience with a vertical turning lathe (VTL) prefered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Lifting Heavy Parts (37 lbs.)
- Positioning Heavy Parts (84 lbs)
- Positioning Heavy Dies (80-160 lbs)
- Standing & Sitting, Bending, Repetitive Motion
Currently hiring for first and second shift positions.