This position exists to ensure the delivery of quality social services and care to patients and to provide the highest quality, most clinically appropriate care to patients and while promoting the most cost-effective utilization of the hospital's resources. Works collaboratively with physicians, case managers and multidisciplinary team to effect positive patient and family outcomes. Ensures appropriate discharge planning for those patients who may benefit from it.
Graduation from state accredited School of Social Work.
- One years experience in the practice of Social work with a minimum of 6 months in acute hospital medical social services.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
State of Texas Social Work license.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of health care financial and payer issues, and eligibility for state, local and federal programs
- Computer skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Collaboration, negotiation and mediation skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
Houston Methodist - 19 months ago
Methodist Hospital provides care for Houstonians. The not-for-profit organization, also known as Methodist Hospital System, owns and...