Early Intervention and Early Childhood Developmental Center is expanding services. This Regional Center is seeking to add a Speech Language Pathologist / CCC or CFY (EI) to it's team. This free-standing and recently built center provides, Day Care, Preschool Classroom, Toddler Developmental Play-Groups with a special ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) classroom, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy services. Approved by the New York State Department of Education,New York State Department of Health and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. This is a great opportunity for those seeking professional growth and who desire to work in a team of highly trained professionals. There is a great mentoring program in place so that each CFY may complete their goals. This is a very collaborative work setting. Each SLP will work predominantly autonomously.
There is a abundance of year round outdoor recreation. Lake Ontario, the St Lawrence River, the Black River, the Indian Lakes Region provide some of the best fishing, boating and sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving and white water rafting in the world. Winter brings lake effect snow with unparalleled snowmobiling trails, skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating, and hunting. Only a two-hour drive from Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain Ski resort and 15 minutes from Snow Ridge Ski Resort, which are among the most scenic and finest ski resorts in the world. There are 9 local golf courses to choose from. Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle and Millionaire's Row in the Thousand Islands, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Watertown is the retail hub of the region, with many national chains with many shops and boutiques located throughout Jefferson County. The region is blessed with lush farmlands, miles of waterfront and acres of forests, quaint villages, a booming commercial center, and Fort Drum, home to the Army 10th Mountain Division. Watertown has a city population of 30k and the county is 111k. Very low crime rate. The Watertown International Airport, a regional airport with service from Big Sky/Delta Connections, links Watertown to national and international airports globally. Jefferson County is the "Fastest Growing County in New York State",experiencing an unparalleled economic boom as a result of the expansion at Fort Drum. The population has grown by 5% in the past two years, housing starts are up 18% and the crime rate is very low.
- LOCATED in the beautiful Thousand Islands Resort Region of Northern New York State, the city of Watertown is located 35 miles south of the St. Lawrence River and the US/Canadian Border and 20 minutes east of Lake Ontario of the Great Lakes. This close proximity to Canada makes international travel to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto by auto or air a simple trek.
Half (1/2) SALARY is for in classroom work with children (if on-site), other ½ of day is fee for service at $30.00 per visit. Each evaluation is $60.00. There is a over site fee paid as well to the Speech Language Pathologists. Plus a MONTHLY BONUS paid to those SLP's who see ALL of their children as SCHEDULED. The work schedule is very flexible. The SLP's are permitted to make visits to their children even on week ends if necessary and are able to set their own schedules during the week. EXTRA REIMBURSEMENTS are paid for SIGN-OFFS of notes and SUPERVISION of the TSHH's. The SLP may choose to work year round or during the school year only. The PAY SCALES provided here include year round work.
- COMPENSATION ranges from $52k for CFY and up to $60k for a 12 month work schedule for SLP with CCC based on experience.
1.) VACATION TIME is accrued up to 8 weeks paid vacation that follows the school year calendar. 8 weeks off during the summer.
- JOB TYPE is Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time or Part-time and follows the school calendar.
- WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday, 8am to 3pm, and up to 4pm as needed. Approximately 32.5 hours per week. Up to 6.5 hour work days. Approx. 1,690 hours per year worked. A 10 and 12 month work schedule is optional.
- LICENSE and EDUCATION required is an application for or possession of a New York State license. A Masters degree in SLP is required. SLP must also have acquired courses while attending school which will allow them to work in NYS as a TSHH as well. This requirement was enacted into law because Clinics are treated as schools in NYS. All transcripts are submitted to the NYS Education Department for a board review prior to a license can be issued.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: SLP will work with Early Intervention only. No school-aged children. 80% home based, 20% clinic. Maximum mileage per week is 250 miles, reimbursed at .30 cents per mile. Daily average is 50 miles. SLP will see 5 clients per day. Will work with one other SLP. Both SLPs split the county.
- Conduct evaluations on children from birth to 5 years old.
- Diagnose and evaluate speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors.
- Development & implementation of goals, plans and objectives for children from birth to 5 years old.
- Plan, direct, and conduct rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology.
- Conduct annual evaluations of children from birth to 5 years old.
- Assess children needs for augmentation and adaptive equipment and help in securing necessary equipment.
- The SLP must be familiar with Dysphasia, Cognitive Impairment, and Neurogenic communication.
- Provide counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled children.
- Review individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation.
- Develop and implement individualized plan for assigned patient to meet individual needs, interests, and abilities.
- Review treatment plan, assess individual performance. Modify, change, or write new programs.
- Maintain records as required by law, established policies, and administrative regulations.
- Participate in the IFSP / individual family service plan & meetings.
- Attend meetings with the committee on pre-school special education.
- Complete all required documentation including registers and discharge summaries.
- Complete incident reports and documentation of minor injuries.
- BENEFITS: There is NO PAID TIME OFF for the first 30 days of employment. All time paid is accrued which includes (holidays, vacation, sick & personal time).
2.) PERSONAL TIME is accrued up to 3 days per school year calendar.
3.) SICK TIME is accrued up to 15 paid sick days per school year calendar.
4.) PAID HOLIDAYS follow the school year calendar.
5.) HEALTH INSURANCE is paid for by Employer along with a financial participation required of each Employee. There are 3 plans to choose from.
6.) RETIREMENT PLAN is a 401k.
7.) CONTINUING EDUCATION ALLOWANCE is provided.
8.) MALPRACTICE INSURANCE is paid for by Employer.
9.) RELOCATION ALLOWANCE is available.