General Summary: The SMB Rep will successfully sell RCN Internet, Video and Phone Service to business customers within an assigned geographic region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for creating an effective sales strategy using networking, cold calling, and direct sales techniques.
2. Ability to adapt sales pitches for telecom service to various industries including: service, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.
3. Ability to clearly articulate high-tech telecom services to multi-level decision makers, including IT Directors, CFO's, and business owners.
4. Organize all back office/administrative practices in order to be efficient and maximize time. Examples include order forms and surveys.
5. Utilize various medium to effectively network with other business professionals, enticing those professionals to become customers of RCN's Telecom Services.
6. Bring/develop customer database from past positions/events and adapt your relationship with those customers to grow RCN's customer database.
Relevant Work Experience: Professional Outside Sales background; business to business sales experience preferred. Experience in high-tech sales, specifically telecom services is desired.
- Education: HS diploma or equivalent required. College degree in business or marketing is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
RCN - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
You could say RCN is at home in the big city. The company operates cable-based broadband networks that serve the Boston, Chicago, and New...