Find yourself among the best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Social Work Department serves as an integral part of the health care team, helping patients and their families cope with the challenges and issues caused by illness or other life changes. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Social Work Case Manager.
- Responds to referrals in a timely manner and utilizes established screening methods to identify patients and families who should have social work intervention.
- Conducts interview with patient and/or family and completes a psychosocial assessment or brief situational assessment, depending upon the circumstances and needs of the patient.
- Develops a plan of intervention for the purpose of strengthening coping abilities and promoting adjustment.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and health care team to make an appropriate discharge plan based upon medical/psychiatric needs, quality of support system, financial resources, and coping skills.
- Arranges for post-hospital services in a timely manner and assists with referrals to community services to access appropriate resources.
- Provides periodic on-call coverage to the hospital and to the emergency department.
- Supervises the practicum experience of social work students from affiliated universities.
- Participates in in-service education programs for medical students, residents, and other allied health professionals.
- Master's degree in Social Work.
- Current Kansas Social Work license (LMSW or LSCSW).
- Experience in a health care setting with strong social work assessment skills.
- Knowledge of social work services - discharge planning, support, advocacy, and coordination of multiple services.
- Ability to interact with all customers professionally and respectfully and under tight time constraints.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago