Schedule: On Call: 6-8 weeknights/month and 2 24hr weekend shifts/month
Responsible for discharge planning, resource procurement, provision of in-depth crisis intervention, psychosocial needs assessment and support, information and referral services. Able to intervene in complex case management situations and collaborate with team members for resolution.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Coordinates discharge planning services, including the identification and procurement of needed resources.
- Able to intercede in complex case management situations and collaborate with team members for resolution.
- Provides in-depth crisis intervention services.
- Assesses psychosocial needs and provides emotional support.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Promotes and supports all standards of quality customer service.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement in operations and in job performance.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Two years prior social work experience in a health care environment preferred.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during emotionally stressful situations.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently and to consult/collaborate successfully with others in the department and with hospital staff at large.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Microsoft word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current valid LMSW license in Kansas.
- Designated Requestor status with Midwest Transplant Network preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Required walking or standing to significant degree; or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- Works in a medical-surgical hospital. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to patients with communicable diseases. May work around hazardous materials, including radiation, chemotherapy agents, and biohazards. May be exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
- Additionally makes site visits to banks, schools manufacturing plants and various other local businesses.
- Well light, climate controlled work environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
- This position has direct patient contact that provides care to neonate, newborn, children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
Via Christi Health System
- 3 years ago - save job