SOCIAL WORKER - MSW
Location: Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Hours: 8:00am /5:00pm
* Contact: Erik Leopard
* Bachelor's of Science
* 1 year of experience required
Job Purpose: The Social Worker provides direct and indirect social work services (e.g. assessment, supportive guidance, referral and follow-up) to MHS patients and their families.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Master’s Degree in Social Work
Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
LMSW/LSW or eligibility for LSSWL/LSW as licensed by the Texas Board of Social Worker Examiners. Must obtain licensure within one year of hire date.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
Work Experience: 1 year of experience in health related setting
· Assists other patient assistance programs (e.g. MedAssist) as directed
· Consults with the physician and multidisciplinary team members to share an understanding of the psychosocial and environmental factors that may affect treatment and/or discharge plans.
· Coordinates resources. Maintains current knowledge of available Federal, State and Community resources to meet social, health, or financial problems of patients and families
· Oversees work of social work interns and volunteers.
· Participates in educational activities, care conferences, in-service education offerings, and staff meetings.
· Performs record keeping functions in designated software program and maintains all required documentation including psycho-social assessments.
· Plans for discharges. Provide for continuity of care by promoting interdisciplinary patient care planning as it relates to discharges. Provides patient education as needed.
· Prepares departmental reports and analysis as requested.
· When applicable, provides assistance to palliative care patients and their families and/or significant others to include but not limited to: psychosocial assessments with consideration of cultural aspects, age and developmental needs of individuals. Identify immediate and anticipated needs, assist in overcoming social, economic and emotional barriers to effective coping and supporting survivors in anticipatory grief process and immediately following the death of a patient.
· Where applicable, assists with appropriate transfer and referrals to long term facilities or to programs for substance abuse, psychiatric programs, or to a shelter. Assures that correct documentation accompanies patients transferring to a lower level of care. Schedules the appropriate level of transport and obtains the necessary certification from the 3rd party payor.
Methodist Health System - 14 months ago
Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by offering...