The Senior SOX / Internal Control Analyst will support the company’s worldwide ongoing Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance program through the execution of control evaluation and validation procedures. The role reports to the Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with business owners and facilitate the quarterly self- assessment process.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal control / processes documentation to ensure proper support for changes and test results.
- Responsible for execution of internal control testing, identifying meaningful issues, assessing results, and conclude on control assessments.
- Assist in timely communication of findings and recommendations to management, monitoring remediation of issues and performing validation procedures.
- On a global basis, establish and maintain relationships with finance management and other functional areas as required.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Results-driven. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies & procedures, legal documents, and technical reference materials.
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel and Visio
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, SOX requirements, including PCAOB audit standards and audit processes and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of audit-related experience with progressive responsibility
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours
- Global support position; requires flexible schedule to accommodate meetings, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as required (up to 15%)
Align Technology - 14 months ago
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...