JOB ID 63417 - SPECIAL EDUCATION (HIGH SCHOOL)
THIS IS AN INDUSTRY TEACHER POSITION
In accordance with the special education needs of the populations served by each Kennedy Krieger School, this staff member will teach a varied population of students in a full day non-public setting. The Industry Teacher will implement career-focused educational activities in accordance with industry standards and the student’s IEP. Each industry teachers will adapt curriculum and instruction to meet the differing academic, medical, developmental, and technological needs of the students.
1. Design, evaluate, and implement lessons in accordance with the student’s IEP that assist in the development of industry skills necessary for post-secondary success.
2. Maintain positive professional communication with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration, and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed. Maintain documentation of all contacts.
3. Provide daily instruction and direction to all paraprofessionals assigned to class duty.
4. Evaluate, modify and implement elements of IEPs in cooperation with the ACT office, WBL staff, and the LEA as prescribed at the Annual Team Meeting (ATM).
5. Develop, organize and maintain an Industry-specific student-run business. Plan and implement individualized industry-based instruction in compliance with student IEPs that is integrated into the student-run business.
6. Implement behavioral protocols for all students during instructional and non-instructional times. Utilize instructional and non-instructional times effectively and professionally.
7. Maintain valid MSDE licensure and attend classes as needed as required by administration.
8. Assist in the implementation of the school mission (as specified in school policies and procedures) through the support of its goals in a positive, professional manner).
9. Participate in and contribute to inservices in a professional and collegial manner.
10. Participate in state and district wide assessment programs as needed.
11. Provide leadership and support for all work-based learning experiences related to a specific industry cluster. Collaborate with work-based learning administrative staff to develop and support work-based learning experiences across the curriculum.
12. Participate in curricular and extra-curricular activities that support student life and positive school experience.
13. Implement technology in instructional design and delivery in accordance with the National Technology Standards for Students and Performance Indicators for Students PreK-12 (see attachment). Implement the use of technology in operational and administrative functions in accordance with the National Technology Standards and Performance Indicators for staff.
14. Maintain communication with clinical department regarding all issues pertaining to students on case load and instructional load.
Eligibility for MSDE certification in Special Education or appropriate industry area is required.
Previous classroom experience preferred.
Kennedy Krieger Institute - 7 months ago