JOB ID 63120 - SPECIAL EDUCATION (MONTGOMERY COUNTY)
In accordance with the special education needs of the populations served by each KK School, this staff member will teach a varied population of students in a full day non-public setting. The Teacher implements the program as outlined in the IEP of each student, adapting instruction to differing academic, medical, developmental, and technological needs of the students.
1. Design, evaluate, and implement lesson plans in accordance with students IEP’s in cooperation with ACT office and administrative staff, using effective strategies for academic and behavioral success.
2. Maintain positive communication in a professional demeanor with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration, ACT Office and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed. Maintain documentation of all contacts.
3. Provide supervision (daily instruction), in cooperation with administrative staff, to all paraprofessionals assigned to class duty.
4. Evaluate, modify and implement IEP’s in cooperation with the ACT office and the LEA as prescribed at the Annual Team Meeting (ATM).
5. Design and implement individualized instruction and adaptations to the general education curriculum to meet the needs of a variety of learning styles. Design and implement behavioral protocols/assignments for all students during instructional and non-instructional times. Utilize instructional and non-instructional times in a professional manner.
6. Assist with supporting the school mission and goals in a positive and professional manner with a student centered school culture and climate as designed by the administration as specified in school and KKI policies and procedures.
7. Participate in and contribute to in-services in a professional and collegial manner.
8. Participate in state and district wide assessment programs as needed.
9. Provide support and leadership for all curricular and extra-curricular activities that support student life and positive school experience.
10. Implement technology in instructional design and delivery in accordance with the National Technology Standards for Students and Performance Indicators for Students PreK-12 (see attachment). Implement the use of technology in operational and administrative functions in accordance with the National Technology Standards and Performance Indicators for staff.
11. Maintain communication with clinical department regarding all issues pertaining to students on case load and instructional load.
Special Education Teacher I requires Bachelors Degree in Special Education or appropriate content area.
Eligibility for MSDE Special Education Certificate in Infant-Grade 3, Grades 1-8, or 6-Adult, based on the teacher’s assignment, required. If a teacher holds a Maryland Conditional Certificate in Special Education, the teacher must complete all requirements posed on the MSDE evaluation for a Professional Special Education Certificate.
Previous teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
Kennedy Krieger Institute - 12 months ago