Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and the division.
Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability.
Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company's core service standards and Brand attributes.
Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; maintains a working relationship with the Culinary Union; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
Supervises dining room and kitchen activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product and service. Communicate daily with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on large parties of VIPs expected.
Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of restaurant to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control.
Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action.
Performs other administrative duties as required within specified deadlines.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry and previous experience in scheduling and staffing.
- At least 1 year of management experience in a high-volume restaurant, preferably in a casino environment.
- At least 2 years college education in a related field, and/or equivalent work experience in F&B.
- General understanding of F&B division, budgeting, profit and loss statement, labor costs, food and beverage costs, and operation expenses.
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills to deal effectively with guests, employees and management.
- Strong organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints with particular attentions to detail and quality of service, ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, associates, and hourly employees; effectively listen and administer instructions.
- Make decisions quickly and delegate responsibilities accordingly, and remain calm and manage multiple tasks in very high paced and stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor Degree and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...