Pediatric experience preferred
- BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for providing speech, language and oral motor/feeding diagnostic and therapy services in accordance with state and federal regulations and standards of practice as set forth by the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Education
- Masters Degree Required in Speech Pathology
- Minimum Work Experience
- Practicum or previous work experience with Pediatrics required.
- Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Valid State of Tennessee licensure; valid Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech pathology or CFY eligibility.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong diagnostic and therapy skillsâ€”prefer experience with both in-patient and out-patient populations
- Knowledge of typical and atypical development of all aspects of communication and feeding
- Prefer at least basic skills to perform modified barium swallow procedures and work in NICU
- Computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Medium lifting, pushing and pulling is required for 20-50 lbs occasionally, 10-20 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 100 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
East Tennessee Children's Hospital - 10 months ago