SPORTS SALES MANAGER – KGMZ
The KGMZ and Sports Play by Play Sales Manager oversees the sales efforts for KGMZ Radio/Digital and the play by play for Oakland A’s, Oakland Raiders, and San Jose Sharks.
- Provide leadership to station’s local sales efforts by giving direction, training and feedback to sales staff.
- Assist all account executives in maintaining, prospecting and developing local agency and new business dollars to assure annually established sales goals are met.
- Hone relationships with high level decision makers, clients and prospects.
- Manage play by play inventory and assets.
- Work with team partner representatives to generate sales opportunities.
- Plan and execute a year round sports play by play strategy including play by play, team rollouts, presentations and sales packages 6 months prior to game opening day.
- Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet revenue goals with emphasis on new business, both local direct and local agency.
- Work closely with KGMZ Program Director on sales opportunities.
- Live and breathe sports!
- 10 years of broadcast sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Possess highly developed training and coaching skills including strong skills in organization, delegating, training, interviewing and motivating sales people.
- Demonstrate high energy level and aggressive attitude toward sales, sales training and education, and client relations.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with everyone with whom they must interact during the performance of assigned job responsibilities.
- Handle stress, work under pressure and willing to work some irregular hours.
- Possess valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing the company to serious liability risk.
Entercom San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.