Direct Energy is one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers with over 5 million residential and commercial relationships. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc, one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates across North America.
We continually seek talented people dedicated to providing fresh thinking in an exciting, evolving industry that's never been more relevant than in today's global marketplace.
Direct Energy was honored with an award for Best Multinational Company in North America, at the 2007 International Business Awards (IBA) in Germany.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V
Job Title: SQL/ETL Developer
Direct Energy is seeking an experienced SQL\ETL developer to translate the functional requirements into technical requirements and performing development tasks to complete solution. Work with team with the overall design of a specific application and/or the integration of a new application package. Determines technical requirements, designs and specifies programs to interface, extract, transform and load data systems and to fulfill any special reporting requirements. Assists IS operations personnel to understand and document the on-going needs and requirements of the user group, from an application and services point of view. Trains key users and other IS personnel in any project deliverables which require continued use and support. Work with users to understand and document support process
- Designs end-to-end business system solutions in a complex application and technology environment.
- Accountable for the overall design of a specific application and/or the integration of a new application package.
- Determines requirements, designs and specifies programs to interface, extract, transform and load data systems and to fulfill any special reporting requirements.
- Works autonomously to design, code, test, document and debug programs of moderate, to high complexity and/or complex subroutines.
- Troubleshoots coding, or logic errors in less senior or peer programmer's code.
- Designs and develops programs to interface with existing systems, to load start up data and to fulfill any special reporting requirements.
- Performs data gathering and analysis to ensure timely development and delivery of quality product/service to the client.
- Provides coaching/mentoring to less experienced Programmer Analysts.
- Maintains up to date design documentation as changes occur.
- Analyzes test case results using problem solving techniques as well as making suggestions for correction or improvement
Develop ETL using SSIS and T-SQL or other industry standard Data Integration tools.
Develop and understand enterprise level end to end Data Warehouse phases
Perform basic SQL Server Database administration.
Develop and support reports using T-SQL, SQL reporting services and or industry standard reporting tools.
Work with business users in identifying and refining business requirements.
Create logical and physical Data Models and Entity Relationship Diagrams using ERWIN.
Assist application development teams with interaction with the transactional database, Operational Data Store and/or Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Performance tune databases and SQL statements.
Perform source system data analysis.
Develop stored procedures, database triggers and complex SQL queries
Proactively monitor development, test and production class database servers
Profile production data and ensure enterprise data quality.
Discuss business reporting and analysis requirements with our customers.
University degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering preferred; Microsoft SQL Server Certifications a plus
Minimum 2 years of expertise in Microsoft SSIS, SQL Server 2005/2008, and T-SQL required;
Strong knowledge of relational and multidimensional database schemas; minimum 2 years experience in database analysis and data integration
Retail energy experience strongly preferred; telecommunications, financial services, or online marketing experience helpful
Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to tight timelines and high quality standards, partnering closely with stakeholders and establishing strong cross-functional relationships
Direct Energy - 17 months ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...