SyApps is a Technology and Management Consulting Services firm based in Greater Washington area, with focus on solutions in the area of Strategy, Process, Technology and Management support. As a diverse end-to end IT and Management solution Provider, SyApps offers a range of expertise aimed at helping customers re-engineer and re-invent their business to compete successfully in an ever-changing marketplace.
Please visit us at www.syapps.com.
The DBA will be responsible for all aspects of DB administration such as build, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot databases. Provide technical expertise in database area throughout the life cycle of the projects such as preparing database objects, refresh databases from production to lower environment, migrate database objects from one environment to the other. Apply security patches and tuning databases. Ensure database policies and procedures conform to standards and are in line with best practices. Establish, implement, and enforce data security policies. Requires occasional off hours and weekend works.
- 5 - 7 years of hands on professional experiences SQL Server administration
- Extensive experiences in implementing HA or disaster recovery using SQL clustering, database mirroring, and log shipping.
- Experiences in SQL Server support in a complex enterprise environment.
- Experiences in database backup, restore, and failover between data centers.
- Solid experience in implementing database security and auditing.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Multi tasking and be able to work under pressure.
- Must be a good team player and work well with others
- Preferred skills, but not required? Sybase, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, SDLC, Autosys experience
- Experiences in building and supporting Microsoft Configuration Management or Lync 2013 backend databases.
- SQL Server 2012 with Always on feature.
- Experiences in financial industry.
- Experience in build SQL Servers in virtual environment.
Location: Reston, VA
SyApps LLC is a Winner of the SmartCEO/Grant Thornton Future 50 Award for being recognized as one of 50 fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington Area.
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. SyApps is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. SyApps participates in E-Verify.
SyApps LLC - 11 months ago