As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Provide highly technical expertise in the use of SQL Database Management. The candidate will be working in a production environment as well as development, test, and DR environments, evaluating, installing, upgrading, performance tuning, and configuring databases.
• Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications
• Design, implement, and maintain highly complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection, security, documentation, and statistical methods
• Maintain database dictionaries, monitor standards and procedures, and integrate systems through database design
• Evaluate database design tradeoffs, performance tools, and space allocation requirements to recommend appropriate implementation plans and procedures
• Design and execute database backup and recovery procedures
• Configure and maintain SQL jobs and SSIS Packages
• Create and modify stored procedures
• Troubleshoot the interaction of Web and Windows applications, reports, and databases
• Execute ad-hoc queries and generate reports for users in a timely manner
• Provide Duty Analyst Support on a rotating schedule
• Provide real time feedback during Joint Application Development (JAD) and Technical Working Group (TWG) sessions / meetings
• Provide level of effort estimates to managers for project efforts
• Provide technical input for creation of policies, procedures, and associated system documentation
• Research and investigate problems and develop viable solutions and/or workarounds; report findings and recommendations clearly and effectively to team
• Other duties as assigned by the PCS
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Requires 8+ years experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• SQL Server 2005/2008 applied experience
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• SSIS and SQL Reporting Services
• T-SQL and scripting experience
• SQL tuning experience
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with log shipping, backups, restores, and monitoring tools
• Knowledge of importing data from external sources into SQL
• Experience with Virtual Machines and Blades
• Ability to utilize SQL and OS tools to share data between multiple systems
• Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 operating systems
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Personal initiative, self-starter
• Commitment to quality
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience with SharePoint Business Intelligence, Project Server, Extensible Markup Language (XML), Web Services
• Related Microsoft certifications
• Experience with DOD Hardening/DISA STIGs
• Working in a clustered environment a plus
This position requires applicants to successfully complete the security application process with the intent of gaining a government granted security clearance AND receive a minimum Interim clearance, prior to starting.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 23 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...