Work location: Waverly, IA
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a SQL Developer - Actuarial Systems
We are a Microsoft technology environment and would consider an applicant with MS SQL platform experience as a database developer with solid ETL skills to support our Actuary areas. Working knowledge of LifePro/LifePro Data and mainframe are nice to have. This is a small team in a large environment. Person may be able to work in our Madison, WI, or Waverly, IA, offices. Relocation may be an option for a well-qualified individual.
25% 1. Independently perform analysis and design in translating business requirements into technical specifications, present options, evaluate and recommend solutions. Drive out unperceived business needs, leverage existing solutions (across CUNA Mutual, publicly available, vendor packages, etc.) where appropriate. Identify and communicate the area-wide impact of interrelated activities. Proactively identify and communicate process and system improvement ideas to IT or business. Develop and oversee the implementation of approved project plans and activities. Track overall project progress and report status and any issues to management and project team members
25% 2. Direct the development of business systems solutions from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms. Provide leadership, technical guidance and training to professional staff in project management, planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, quality assurance and workflow direction on medium to large projects. Provide constructive feedback to individual team members and their respective manager regarding performance on projects and support work.
20% 3. Develop, test, implement, document and maintain high quality business systems solutions on various computer platforms, adhering to established methodology and practices, and in accordance with project plans.
10% 4 . Develop and maintain a high degree of client-specific knowledge and associated business systems knowledge commensurate with work experience. Collaborate effectively with management, team members and clients to influence solution development decisions.
10% 5. Maintain knowledge of application development technologies, methodologies, and standards. Acquire and effectively apply new technical skills as driven by business need and/or technology advancements. Develop and maintain a good understanding of industry trends and proactively communicate issues of relevance to decision-makers.
10% 6. Promptly and professionally assume ownership and respond to customer requests. Perform and direct others in root cause analysis, impact analysis, problem determination and problem resolution support. Collaborate with appropriate business and IT staff throughout the problem resolution process
7. The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
1. BS in MIS or CS or equiv trade-off in related education and related professional work experience.
2. 3 1/2 years work experience in IT with the most recent 24 months work experience as a Business System Analyst or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience within the last 3 years with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities
3. High level of proficiency demonstrated in a business environment with the last 3 years in at least 4 of the following:
Application development life cycle
Object Oriented development
Current Microsoft Development environment
Web Services Development
IT Support of Vendor Package within CMG architecture
4. Demonstrated superior working knowledge of application development concepts in a multi-platform computing environment, including application development life cycle, n-tier development, object oriented design, etc
5. Demonstrated breadth of knowledge of information technology concepts and deep expertise in application development in at least one business system area, including business application, information and/or technical architecture design experience.
6. Demonstrated good judgment and reliability
7. Demonstrated skills in translating business requirements into technical design, project planning and organization for medium to large size projects and providing leadership to a team of developers.
8. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing.
9. Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service.
10. ETL experience preferred
11. Database development needed - MS SQL preferred
12. VB.NET batch scripting experience preferred
13. Experience with distributed computing preferred
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPK20132202-50141
CUNA Mutual Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard