Immediate contract opportunity for SQL Developer with Direct Government Client in Brooklyn, NY
Trigyn's Direct Government Client has a contract assignment for a SQL Developer in Brooklyn, NY.
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
- At least 4 years of overall development experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database development using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008R2
- SQL Server development expertise including stored procedures, functions and triggers as well as clustering and T-SQL
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and ability to Design and Develop SQL Server Integration packages using SSIS
- Proficient in producing robust SQL solutions using tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Transformation and Integration – familiar with using T-SQL and SSIS in translating and migrating data from one data source to another or a web service.
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis.
- Strong Transact SQL (T-SQL) and ANSI SQL knowledge
- Experienced with Stored procedure creation/de-bugging/ optimization/tuning
- Experience with Data Warehousing
- Experience with ETL processes is a plus (DTS, SSIS)
- Must have exposure to UDFs, Triggers and Views
- Must have Business/System Analysis and System design skills
- Familiar with the exactness of data and able to compare data set, finding common or differing elements.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing standard security practices, including the principle of least privilege.
- Capable of understanding and debugging solutions produced by others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience is desired;
- Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge Database Clusters, Database Tuning and Data Warehouses
- Knowledge of National Information Exchange Methodology (NIEM)
- Experienced with formal SDLCs and business analysis methodologies; Working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards;
- Work closely under the direction of the Project Manager with stakeholders from client, including managers, line employees and IT staff.
- Responsible for implementing systems (data exchanges) in line with business goals, objectives and technical requirements.
- Should be able to understand and follow the technical design documents and update them, if needed, during the development phase.
- Execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Modify existing programs to confirm to system changes or to make improvements in the existing program.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing changes and corrections.
- SQL Server development including stored procedures, functions and triggers as well as clustering and T-SQL
- Design and Develop SQL Server Integration packages using SSIS
- Conduct code reviews of the system being developed
- Assist in testing efforts, perform unit testing and fixes during testing process
- Assist the support team in deployment
- Other related development tasks in the SDLC
Trigyn provides its employees with the following benefits:
- All documentation regarding system design
- Requirement document
- Detailed System Architecture Diagram
- Data-flow Diagram
- Architecture Document – an overview on the problem addressed and the solution produced including the methods used.
- Entity-Relationship Diagram
- Object Dictionary – a short description on the contents or function of each table, view, procedure and function.
- Data Dictionary – a short description on the contents of each column.
- Deployment Diagrams
- Code developed in T-SQL, SQL and ETL.
- Use cases and misuse cases for handoff to QA team
TRIGYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance through CIGNA (Contribution Required)
- Dental Insurance through Aetna (Optional Benefit)
- 401(k) Plan through Fidelity with Company Match
- TransitChek ® Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (Salary Option)
- Paid Holidays (Salary Option)
About Trigyn : Trigyn is an IT services company with over 900 resources deployed. Trigyn has been in business for over 25 years and is an ISO 9001:2008, CMMI Level 3 certified company.
Monster - 9 months ago