Incumbent serves as a SQL Developer/Analyst, responsible for maintaining, improving, cleaning and manipulating data in databases.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis of data stored in MS SQL database.
- Writes SQL scripts, functions, stored procedures, and views.
- Troubleshoots data issues and presents solutions to the issues.
- Will spend most of the time cleaning and manipulating data, complex calculations, stored procedures, and optimizing existing stored procedures using indexing, temp tables, logic changes, etc.
- Provides business challenges and opportunities by retrieving, analyzing, organizing, and presenting data to management.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very strong T-SQL programming skills.
- Ability to manage and work with large complex sets of data.
- Experience in retrieving information from Microsoft SQL databases using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience using Relation DB Design tools.
- Experience in analyzing volumes of data using Microsoft Excel functions, such as pivot tables and macros.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working experience in a high-availability database environment.
- Work frequently with BI team on application and data specific needs.
- Experience in MySQL is a plus.
Angie's List - 19 months ago
Angie's List is growing exponentially and we continue to be on the cutting-edge technology wise! Learn about our unique company culture and...