Connecting patients to the right care starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with RelayHealth, (A McKesson Company) - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
RelayHealth provides solutions that improve clinical communication, accelerate care delivery and drive cash collection. We do all this by connecting patients, providers, pharmacies, payors and financial institutions. We've become a leader in real-time transactions processing. We're also proud of our strong portfolio of transactional businesses. To support quality care improvements and reduced administrative costs across the healthcare industry, we operate as a neutral partner in an open network environment. We offer connectivity and interoperability among all organizations, systems and solutions - because we know that our work results in better healthcare.
Position is located at the RelayHealth office just off I-85 and North Druid Hills.
Responsible for implementing product code releases. Manages and monitors product application for performance and health. Responds to product application support issues. Analyzes problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action. Recommends solutions to application questions. May utilize specialized domain expertise related to the specific application of the software to resolve problems.
The position of Application Support Analyst provides application and database support for RelayHealth products operating in multiple client/server environments such as Windows Server and UNIX/Linux and utilizing primarily Microsoft SQL and Oracle database systems. Solutions are highly complex and considered mission-critical in the healthcare industry, requiring rapid resolution.
Required demonstrable experience in all areas in previous work history:
1. Work with resources on other teams as appropriate to triage and diagnose issues.
2. Master corporate best practices and supported methodologies for all job functions
3. Follow defined troubleshooting processes to fully resolve issues
4. Follow implementation procedures to promote new code into appropriate environments.
5. Develop scripts or code to automate application operation functions.
6. Contribute to the knowledge base by adding and supplementing entries
7. Report on individual performance metrics or success factors as requested
Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of local, network or internet-related computer programs for commercial or end user applications such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and technologies. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* 4+ years experience in software engineering
* 4 years experience in a complex application technical support role
* Understanding of Windows Server System architecture
* Experience with Database Administration of MSSQL Server
* Experience with MSSQL Server native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
* Ability to quickly learn new, complex technologies
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and demonstrate time management skills
* Healthcare industry experience a plus
*Code development experience a plus
* Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
* Flexible schedule to allow for on-call rotation
* Good interpersonal skills
*Ability to work on a team as well as independently
4-year degree in computer science. or related field.
General Office Demands
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single RelayHealth employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with RelayHealth, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At RelayHealth, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, RelayHealth unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at relayhealth.com
No agencies please.
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...