A successful equity and options trading firm located in New York City is seeking a SQL Server programmer/administrator. The ideal candidate will have the experience and commitment to fulfill this dual role proactively, demonstrating a willingness to take on responsibilities and an ability to learn. Minimum experience: 3+ years full-time in SQL2005, SQL2008. Responsibilities include:
- Database documentation
- Stored procedure development
-Database schema design
- Query Optimization
-Day-to-day SQL Server administration (performance monitoring, backup/availability management, tuning, security, software upgrades, etc...)
- Report generation
-Knowledge of SSIS and C#.NET (for CLR function design), an understanding of financial market are a plus.
- Work with development teams to ensure successful release of products and updates.
- Manage database security.
- Work with IT team to verify backups, monitor storage capacity, monitor system performance, and test disaster recovery scenarios.
Qualitative Skill Requirements
• Excellent communication skills for interaction with project teams, business owners, senior management.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or equivalent.
Email resume in Word to TheBigGameHunter@cisny.com. Please include the job code for the position with your resume.
NO RELOCATION. NO VISA TRANSFERS. NO OVERSEAS RESUMES. NO 3RD PARTIES.
To receive a complimentary subscription to my job search ezine, No B.S. Job Search Advice, go to www.JeffAltman.com to subscribe.
Receive tweets from Twitter with job search tips and job listings – TheBigGameHuntr
Concepts in Staffing - 16 months ago