Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
Primary Job Function
Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.;
2. Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.;
3. Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.;
4. Assists in generating component specifications.;
5. Generate test protocols, monitor testing, issue qualification test reports and approve components for use in products.;
6. Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.;
7. Analyzes incoming material defects. Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.;
8. Reviews new design specifications and provides input from component quality and manufacturability perspective.;
9. Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.;
10. May supervise inspectors.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
(Supervision Received) Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
(Supervision Provided) May provide limited work direction and guidance to exempt and/or skilled nonexempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
Position Accountability / Scope
(Influence/Leadership) Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
(Planning/Organization) Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.;
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
(Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures. General understanding of business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
(Cognitive Skills) Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 18 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....