National Technical Excellence Center, Geotechnical and Tunneling TEC:
Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB), a leading provider of transportation services to clients around the world, is seeking a senior engineering manager to lead its geotechnical and tunneling group in Boston, MA. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the design and construction of geotechnical, tunnel and underground projects
- Serve as a lead geotechnical, tunnel engineer or design manager or project manager on large underground projects, particularly in rock
- Lead pursuit and marketing of geotechnical and tunneling services.
- Develop clients and business in the geotechnical, tunneling and underground market
- Perform peer reviews of tunnel and other underground projects
- Manage the local geotechnical and tunneling group located in Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Boston Area Office
- Supervise staff engineers/geologists and develop their professional capability
PB is the subsidiary of the global construction giant Balfour Beatty plc. It offers great growth potential and the opportunity to work on projects with national/international exposure.
The successful candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
- MS in Civil Engineering with Structural and Geotechnical Focus
- Professional Registration (PE) in MA
- Minimum of 20 years experience in design and construction of tunnel, underground and geotechnical projects
- Extensive design and construction experience including excavation of tunnels and underground stations using cut-and-cover, NATM, and TBM tunneling techniques in soft ground and hard rock
- Possess excellent communication skills with internal and external clients
- Ability to manage, communicate requirements for, and coordinate work within an integrated multidisciplinary team
- Extensive experience in marketing and business development as well as construction and project management of highway, transit and water projects
- Extensive experience in managing and leading geotechnical and underground projects in the Boston area.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 15 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...