Lead crews, maximizing employee talents and available resources.
Oversee employees and outside labor and enforce all MGM Resorts Events policies and procedures, including employee uniform and appearance standards.
Ensure that decor meets corporate and client expectations, is within budget and meet deadlines.
Interface with internal departments, clients and vendors to resolve issues.
Fully understand the MGM Resorts International property and ballrooms and venues.
Operate company trucks, vans and lifts, adhering to safety procedures.
Adhere to safety procedures and recommend programs to improve site safety.
Ensure that event facility/venue is left in a clean and orderly condition.
Confirm that all tools and equipment are returned and properly stored and maintained after installation/strike.
Adhere to property dock/loading and security procedures and policies.
Perform event-related set-up tasks: pull items, load/unload, and delivery/pick-up.
Perform event-related tear down tasks: on-site disassembly of props, florals, linen and decor, load/unload, return delivery/pick up, and restocking.
Warehousing tasks including stocking and relocation of assets, monitoring inventory levels.
Properly pack and handle inventory to protect against damage and deterioration.
Tag assets based on condition and assist in repairing as needed.
Ensure that facility, grounds, and equipment are clean and maintained.
Unpack and check goods received against orders, invoices or load lists as needed.
Log travel and vehicle maintenance info. Make supervisor aware of gas and repair needs.
Train and educate employees on design and installation/strike techniques.
Complete all required paperwork, monitor for accuracy and consistency.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 – 4 years experience in events or warehouse or furniture or general laborer.
- At least 1 year experience lead, supervisory or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of event installation, rigging, mechanical procedures.
- Able to work efficiently in a high volume production environment.
- Able to drive 24’ box trucks, stakebed truck, passenger and cargo vans, and operate scissors lift, for lift and cherry pickers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Scissor lift and fork lift certification.
- Basic knowledge of company HR policy.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...