Harland Clarke offers a broad range of integrated payment, marketing and technology solutions to nearly 15,000 financial services clients. These solutions support our clients' acquisition, retention, customer relationships and profitability through capabilities such as: business intelligence, multi-channel support, enhanced customer experience and engagement, brand promotion, performance measurement and best-in-class security.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join our team!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior IT Auditor - Internal Audit to be located in San Antonio, Texas or Atlanta, Georgia.
Performs complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or conducting performance, financial, compliance, and information technology audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff; providing key input to development of the Annual Audit Plan; and providing training and coaching to Internal Audit staff. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Identifies and evaluates the organization's risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan. Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures. ( 20%)
Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, compose summary memos, and prepares working papers. Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. ( 20%)
Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings. ( 15%)
Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers. Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues. ( 10%)
Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations. Evaluates risk mitigation strategies and execution, providing oversight to management efforts. ( 5%)
Executes audits of client/server technology platforms (Novell, NT, Unix, Sysbase, mainframe) and evaluates IT internal controls and works collaboratively with management to identify actions needed. Conducts data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilizing software tools. ( 10%)
Supports audits and consulting engagements related to programming, mainframe batch and on-line processes, client-server architecture, internet and intranet functionality, database extraction, technology strategy, and data communication and network security. ( 10%)
Acts as liaison with IT business clients to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity and system security. ( 5%)
Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information. Administers audit support tools and assists with reporting capabilities
Performs related work as assigned by audit management. ( 5%)
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Checks in the Mail, SubscriberMail) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.
Education & Knowledge Required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and two years of full-time experience in information technology auditing, business analysis, or information technology.A graduate degree in business administration, public administration or a related field, and/or a certification (e.g., CISA) is preferred.
• Experience, knowledge, and functional capability may substitute for educational requirements at the discretion of Audit management.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
• Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
• Knowledge of the
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Code of Ethics
developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
• Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Considerable knowledge of distributed technology (ie. Unix/Sybase and Windows NT), Web-based technology, and basic infrastructure control issues.
• Considerable skill in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and other management information and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposures.
• Knowledge of generally accepted IS audit standards, statements and practices, and IS security and control practices.
• Exposure to CAAT (Computer Assisted Applications Testing).
• Experience with networking (Novell, Windows NT)
• Exposure to system security packages (RACF)
• Possess detailed technical skills in at least one platform (Unix/Sybase, Windows NT)
• High level of proficiency in information technology control concepts and systems development methodologies.
• Experience in performing new systems development audits, or related work experience.
• Project management experience
• BCP/DR familiarity
Scantron - 23 months ago