The Sr. Manager, Margin Management role is the company’s knowledge expert on Buying Income systems, mechanics, key drivers, reporting, and performance results. The position reports Buying Income performance results/statistics to business leadership across all subsidiaries on both a weekly and monthly basis, and leads knowledge-based reviews and interpretations of results to assist the company in achieving its performance goals. The position performs all journal entries and other ledger recognition activity associated with Buying Income and initiates proactive research and correcting measures into unexpected trends and anomalies, communicating findings to business leadership as needed.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Achieve and maintain an expert knowledge of Buying Income systems, mechanics, and drivers.
• Prepare and deliver accurate spreadsheet/database financial reporting and performance analysis for Buying Income to company management on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc basis.
• Actively participate in (or lead) Buying Income reviews with company leadership to drive a value-added understanding of Buying Income performance.
• Monitor results and trends in Buying Income performance, proactively performing forensic analysis of results to address problems and/or anomalies.
• Prepare all journal entries and other transactions impacting Buying Income general ledger results.
• Take ownership of special projects, analysis, and research requests concerning Buying Income as requested by Senior Management and Business Unit leadership.
• Maintain productive relationships with Business Unit and functional leaders to ensure that information and conclusions surrounding Buying Income results and future expectations are accurate, relevant, and value-added to the business.
• Collaborate with Information Technology and Procurement to ensure that all systems impacting Buying Income are properly driving expected results.
• Actively participate in the conversion of current systems and business processes to ensure that on-going monitoring of and detailed visibility into Buying Income is maintained.
Yearly performance appraisals will include, but are not limited to the review of the following areas. Other areas may be included / added as business needs warrant.
• Work Standards: Sets high level of performance for self; Self-imposed standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed by others; consistently exceeds expectations.
• Communication: Relays information and interacts with others professionally and effectively (both written and verbally); Adapts terminology and approach to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Organizational Awareness: Has and uses a thorough knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; Understands the impact and implications of decisions on all components of the organization.
• Initiative: Actively influences events to achieve goals; Self-starting; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is minimally required; Proactive.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with all levels within the organization to accomplish goals; Respects the needs and contributions of others; Contributes to and accepts consensus.
• 7 or more years in accounting or related financial roles with a large-scale, multi-location wholesale distributor.
• Detailed knowledge of and hands-on analytical experience with margin components and drivers within the wholesale grocery distribution and/or foodservice distribution industries.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are essential for this position.
• Excellent critical thinking, technology, and collaboration talents are essential for this position.
• Extensive experience multi-tasking, working under pressure, and meeting required deadlines.
• Multiple years of hands-on experience with large-box Accounting Systems, Microsoft Suite, and 3rd party data extraction/analysis tools.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
• Previous experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller within the Grocery or Foodservice Distribution industries (strong plus).
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 9 months ago