Currently the fifth largest producer of natural gas in the United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 2 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached 300 MMcf at year end 2012. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin, Utah and New Brunswick, Canada
Senior Field Mechanic – SWN Well Services
Repairs, maintains, and installs oil field machinery and equipment, using hand tools and following oral and written work orders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Attaches hoisting cables to pumps, transmissions, diesel engines, and other equipment at sites, lashes equipment to trucks for transfer to repair yard, and guides lowering of equipment onto blocks in or near repair shop using hand and power wrenches, screwdrivers, and other hand tools.
- Cleans parts, such as pistons, valves, and parts of transmissions and clutches, using steam hose and detergents.
- Inspects parts for defects. Installs specified new or reconditioned parts, such as relined brake bands and clutch plates, sprockets, pump cylinders, and other parts of engines and mud pumps. Reassembles complete units.
- Tests function of pumps and other mechanical units, using auxiliary power. Test-runs engines at various speeds observes efficiency of operations welds broken structures, such as engine mounts, hand rails, machine guards, and pipe racks, using electric and acetylene welding equipment.
- Installs repaired equipment at sites, observes operations, and readjusts components, as necessary. May maintain, repair, and install machinery and equipment at site, ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality & minimum failures.
- Performs quality checks along with preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanic and electronic equipment according to company standards.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years maintenance experience with fracturing equipment
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid CDL with Hazmat
- Computer skills
- Must be skilled in the following: pump maintenance, mechanical seal rebuilds, equipment alignments, gearbox repairs, fan & blower repairs, pipe fitting, safe use of shop tools, basic machining skill s, basic welding skills, proper rigging knowledge.
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work overtime (nights and weekends).
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day when needed.
- Will be required to pass all pre-employment requirements including a physical demands and drug-screening test along with a thorough background and driving record check.
SouthWestern Energy Company - 5 months ago