The FMS/3 project requires a senior Websphere / MQ Administrator to implement manage, and monitor multiple Websphere environments at FISA. Job responsibilities will include the following: design and installation of Websphere Application Server, deploying enterprise applications, installation and configuration of new applications, configuring or modifying application content, proactively monitoring the health of applications, configuring or modifying application content, proactively monitoring the health of applications, configuring and managing the security of the applications. Job will also entail monitoring, optimizing, tuning and troubleshooting Websphere applications.
The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in WebSphere Application Server and its related components. The candidate will be a self-motivated individual that works well in groups and independently with minimal supervision to achieve stated goals and project tasks. The candidate must have a high level of motivation in learning new technologies and software products and reviewing these technologies for enhancements to the current middleware environment.
Required Websphere MQ skills:
• Installation, configuration of product on AIX and Windows platforms.
• Candidate will have proven performance management skills and demonstrated ability to interact with management to review and triage identified problems.
• 5 years experience troubleshooting MQ issues related to message driven beans (with and without the use of MQ triggers).
• 2yrs experience in building and executing disaster recovery of all Websphere and MQ components. Candidate will have experience working with CICS Transaction Gateway.
• 5 years experience supporting MQ and Websphere on a distributed platform.
• 3 years troubleshooting complex MQ and Websphere issues related to integration with a COTS ERP product (e.g., Peoplesoft, ADVANTAGE, SAP, etc).
• Candidate must have proven knowledge with a minimum of 4-5 years experience with Websphere and specifically with Websphere versions 6x and 7x running on AIX.
• Knowledge with a minimum of 3 years experience in analyzing and identifying WebSphere application performance issues.
• Basic level understanding of AIX administration including basic shell scripting is required.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is highly desirable: BMC Patrol, Websphere KM, Pervasive Data Integrator and Unix shell scripting. Knowledge of Websphere Horizontal/vertical Clustering, Webseal, and Tivoli Access Manager is preferred.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 116964. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.