Directs the operational design, development and integration of enhancements and new product functionality in order to maximize the effectiveness of KP systems, including KP Health Connect. Directs system design, development, and deployment for multiple platforms and/or computing environments. Responsible for integration of clinical systems into business operations. Directs the transformation of business/clinical requirements into high level technical designs. Identifies and proposes workflow/gap analysis solutions between business and system functionality. Supports current products and identifies new technology opportunities. Specializes in healthcare oriented applications in order to effectively meet business/clinical needs with high quality systems solutions. Works independently with various levels of clients within the organization and with outside parties to identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow IT solution proposal development. Leads independent initiatives from information gathering and analysis, documentation, and the presentation of findings, up to and including implementation and support. Works on projects of medium to high complexity.
• Directs and reviews analysis of client business processes and functional requirements.
• Directs the preparation of appropriate documentation and information validation processes.
• Independently provides problem resolution of complex information systems related issues.
• Responsible for responding to all issues escalated by end users/clinical personnel in a manner that requires independent judgment and decision-making.
• Develops new business operating models based on product functionality using innovative approaches to IT solutions.
• Evaluates existing application products for feasibility in meeting client requirements and develops recommendations.
• Validates system configuration work.
• Develops test and activation support plans and works with clients to perform risk assessment.
• Directs projects and processes in conjunction with Operations management to specify and/or implement changes to systems.
• Reviews and prioritizes requests for major business or functional changes.
• Establishes implementation standards and program enhancements.
• Applies clinical and technical expertise as a subject matter expert and partners with other subject matter experts to ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and community accepted practices through interpretation and explanation of requirements and provides consultation to management and clients regarding long and short range business requirements and/or recommends solutions.
• Anticipates the future directions of both business and information processing technology.
• Offers guidance and applies expertise to management and other teams and team members in support of solutions development.
• Responsible for independently creating and utilizing test scenarios to identify implications to clinical workflow/operations, for the purpose of mitigating disruption to patient care.
• Autonomously interprets, analyzes and researches vendor technical documentation for applicability and impact to SCAL regional system configuration.
• Develops recommendations to Senior Leadership regarding strategies to overcome obstacles to project implementation.
• Master's Degree or equivalent experience in business administration, operations, research, public health, health administration or related; WITH one (1) or more of a current of prior clinical license (RN, MD, Rad Tech, X-Ray Tech, Pharm Tech, etc.); OR a specified technical certification as applicable to the assigned discipline such as Resolute, HIM/ROI (RHIT), HIM/Abstract & Coding (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CCS); OR a minimum of five (5) years experience in a specified technical area (billing, revenue cycle, finance, coding, clinical systems implementation and maintenance support, etc.).
• NOTE: Master's Degree equivalent with 0 years experience is defined as, Bachelor's Degree plus two (2) to three (3) years experience in the specified technical area.
• Vehicle and California Driver's license required.
• Minimum six (6) to eight (8) years analytical, project management, technical and/or clinical consulting experience required in a specified technical area in a healthcare environment.
• Minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in all phases of a systems development life cycle applied toward development of healthcare focused applications to support clinical, business or administrative functions required.
• Minimum of three (3) years clinical and/or technical experience required.
• Project management experience in health care preferred.
• Prior progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities in large systems environment preferred.
• Specific subject matter expertise in health care operations, care delivery and clinical processes.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct, apply and interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and manage team-based projects.
• Knowledge of health care industry strategic business issues, with an understanding of KP, it's operations, social and legal environment.
• Knowledge in health care, clinical systems, information systems or other related field.
• Proficient with PC applications including database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation software and graphics packages.
• Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, facilitative meeting leadership, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, negotiating skills, consulting, etc.).
Experience leading complex project implementations.
Experience with Beacon and Kaleidoscope functionality, as well as facility administered medications processes.
Kaiser Permanente - 10 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...