Faculty will hold at least the minimum necessary academic credential (as required by accreditation) and active license and must have CST certification for the specialty area or subject field assigned
- 3-5 years occupational experience in the subject field or specialty being taught
- Evidence strength in instructional methodology, delivery and techniques as indicated by evaluation by appropriate supervisory personnel within 30 days of beginning instruction
Successful prior teaching experience (adult learners), via course evaluations; letters of recommendation or awards/certifications.
- Teach courses in the Surgical Services arena as assigned by Program Director up to the maximum number of contact hours allowed by current accreditation.
- Prepare appropriate daily lesson plans and routine assignments and assessments.
- Maintain and submit daily, accurate, detailed attendance rosters and grade records.
- Actively engage in retention activities, including documented communication with both students and Administration regarding student attendance and progress.
- Provide assistance for the planning, development and maintenance of program curriculum.
- Work with the Program Director and DOE to resolve student concerns.
- Provide annual documentation of continuing professional growth.
- Attend scheduled program meetings, in-service workshops, and school-wide meetings.
- Participate in special projects and events as formally assigned by the Program Director or DOE (including, but not limited to, the organization and posting of student work for display; assistance with student appreciation days, orientation programs, and open houses).
- Adhere to and publicly support school policy and procedures, including but not limited to the instructor's guide and catalog.
- Attend semi-annual graduation ceremonies.